Sep 14, 2022

EXCLUSIVE VIDEO | Scribbles Goes To Elton John Farewell Concert

It seemed like an eternity from the time I won two tickets to see Elton John in concert in June 2021 to the actual day of the big farewell show on September 7, 2022.

As hardcore Scribbles pals will recall, there was also a mix-up this spring when the radio station I had won the tickets from sent an email to all the winners sharing the sad news that the show was cancelled. I guess I could have just accepted that, but it didn't seem quite right to me. I knew Elton had cancelled his March shows because there were still pandemic limits as to how many people could attend a live show, but Ticketmaster was still selling tickets to the September show, plus a second show. When I inquired with the radio station, they replied right away stating that indeed they had made a mistake, the concert in September was still a go and we still had tickets to see it. WHEW! 

Elton isn't known for dancing around the stage or having choreographed performers, but the huge video screens surrounding the elaborate stage (complete with a "floating piano") blended with Elton's charm and showmanship, made for an extremely entertaining extravaganza.  

Here's a 10 minute video that highlights the big event, Enjoy! ...