Apr 26, 2021
Apr 20, 2021
Ray of Light
- EDITORIAL -
Well here we are [sigh] Back on lockdown with even more restrictions. Protestors are gathering in large groups, no masks, no social distancing. Vaccinations are happening but not as quickly as they should. Small businesses are closing rapidly. We're angry. We're confused. We're anxious. We're sad. We're worried.
It can be a lot to process and accept.
I always thrive to keep Scribbles upbeat & light, humourous & entertaining. We are a Covid 19 Free zone. Scribbles does "happy". We're not about "bad" stuff. We're what you do to take your mind off the bad stuff.But I'm tweaking the equation a smidge. As friends get vaccinated and post pix of it, we'd like to share that kinda thing. So technically it's a Covid related post, but it's a happy one because it's about the positive.
The other change we're making is the location of our Support section in our sidebar. Support was located near the end of the sidebar. We've moved it closer to the top. The need for support has never been greater and that could include our Scribbles friends. Moving that section up makes it easier to access.
This edition features a lot of the things you love the most. We've got cute kids. We've got amusing pets. There's stories about our Scribbles friends. There's two humour sections and a trivia quiz all about the Brady Bunch. Plus we feature our annual encore Spring posts giving you tips from spring cleaning to when to plant your garden.
They're stories and photos selected to bring you a smile or two. That's something that will always be the foundation of Scribbles.
Stay safe. Stay calm. We've got this. We just need to hang in there a bit longer.
Enjoy today's Scribbles.
Apr 19, 2021
Getting the Bird
Princess Everleigh & the Magical Unicorn
Let the Music Play!
The Continuing Adventures of ... jOE fRIDAY !!!!
This Girl is Fierce!
Apr 18, 2021
BeFUR & After
than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.”
Far Out! Groovy! The Bradys are Back ...yes, AGAIN!
How well do you know The Brady Bunch? Try our quiz…
1. What was the name of the Brady’s dog?
2. In this episode, Marcia gets hit in the nose. What does she get hit with?
3. What is Alice the maid’s last name?
4. “Mom’s favourite vase.” “She always says don’t play ball in the house.” Which Brady boy broke the vase?
5. In this episode, Jan becomes allergic to the Brady’s dog and they will have to get rid of him, until it is discovered what Jan is actually allergic to. What is that?
6. Sherwood Schwartz produced The Brady Bunch. What other improbable sitcom did he produce?
7. Marcia has a crush on this real life teen idol, who makes a guest appearance in this episode. Who is the pop star?
8. On the show she’s the Brady’s maid Alice, but what was her real life name?
9. After Jan feels unnoticed, she buys something to change her style. What is it?
10. This Brady fantasized about being Jesse James, until a bad dream made him think otherwise. Which Brady was it?
11. Which Brady is famous for saying “Marcia, Marcia, Marcia”?
12. When Cindy’s doll goes missing, she blames Bobby. But who does it turn out that really had the doll? BONUS QUESTION: What was Cindy’s doll’s name?
13. Greg is offered a chance to be a cool rock star. What was his rock star name?
14. This actor played Bobby Brady. Who is he?
15. When Mike couldn’t use his phone because the kids were using it all the time, what did Sam the butcher inspire him to do?
BRADY QUIZ ANSWERS AFTER THIS ....
BRADY KIDS REUNITED
BRADY QUIZ ANSWERS
Apr 17, 2021
"So, Read Any Good Books Lately?"
Apr 15, 2021
Apr 14, 2021
The Eyes Have It
Two More Seasons
we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own?”
– Brigham Young
- TRIBUTE - Prince Philip
Apr 8, 2021
- SCRIBBLES VIDEO - Count the Eggs Draw featuring Mr. Sock
I think THIS version of our Count the Eggs draw, with its added graphics, special effects and background music, is a perfect example of what Scribbles is all about.
It has something for everyone, including our younger friends, who get a chance to virtually search for Easter eggs with our new pal Mr. Sock, a character with instant appeal, whom you will no doubt see more of in the future.
There's humour, there's love, there's lots of imagination and when combined the results are somewhat magical.