Jul 17, 2018

IN MEMORIAM | Barbara Townsend


Judging by the outpouring of love and support, it is clear just how much Barbara Townsend meant to so many Scribbles pals.

To our friend Shirley, she was a precious mother, to Merry she was a beloved sister, and to many others she was their cherished Aunt Barbara. No matter what her official title was in people’s lives, one role was unanimous... Barb was a very special friend.

I first met Barb when I was with her nephew Rob. She attended many of the same social functions as we did, such as weddings, fundraisers and the family’s annual BBQ's and reunions.

In Facebook comments about Barb, her sister Merry wrote "You will always be with me Barb..I will cherish the times we spent together. Always in my heart".

Barb's niece Gloria said, "...I will always cherish our memories.You will be missed, but never forgotten"

Gloria also posted a photo of two bibles she had found at her home. They had been given to Gloria by her grandma and by Barb's husband Harvey. "I am so blessed that [my husband Scott] found them ..I could not find them in years", Gloria exclaimed.

There was also a dried flower within the pages of one of the bibles [as seen in the photo here].

Barb's daughter Shirley said "From our lunch dates, Wal-Mart trips, Timmies, pedicures, or just hanging out with the family, you will be truly missed and loved. R.I.P Mom".

Shirley also thanked everyone who attended her mother's funeral and luncheon afterwards and those who sent their condolences. "I know this is going to be very hard for me ..but I know I have all my family and friends to help me through it..Love you all and Thank you from the bottom of my heart".

My sincere condolences to Shirley, Merry and all of Barbara's family and friends.



Obituary of Barbara Townsend

Passed away peacefully surrounded by her family on July 11, 2018 at the St. Catharines Hospital. Beloved wife of the late Harvey Townsend – 2012. Loving mother of Bobbie-Jo Bond and Shirley Townsend-Holak (Russ). Dear grandma of Felicia-Lyn (James), Caitlin (Taylor) & Britney (J.C.), and great grandma of Codie, Skylar and Callen. She is survived by her brother Bill Bouck (Cyndy), her sister Merry Bouck and by many nieces and nephews. The family  received friends at the ARMSTRONG FUNERAL HOME & CHAPEL, Port Colborne on Friday July 13th. The Funeral Service was held on Saturday July 14 in the Armstrong Chapel. Interment was at Overholt Cemetery.

Donations to the Heart & Stroke Foundation would be greatly appreciated by the family.



OUR TRIBUTE TO BARBARA'S SISTER LINDA "BABYCAKES" BURGER - CLICK HERE