Mar 27, 2021

-PASSAGES- We Remember Joan Miller

M
y mom (Joan) has remained close with friends she met many years ago. One of those friends was her pal Joan Miller, who lived in Renfrew with her husband Bert. 

When mom & I went to Renfrew in the summer of 2019, mom made sure to visit with Joan, while I did some bargain shopping at the local Walmart. When mom was ready to go back to the campground we were staying at, I went in to say hello to Joan & Bert -where I took the picture of my mom with Joan, seen here. I remembered Joan from past years, as a visit with her was always on my mom's agenda whenever she was in Renfrew. 

Mom said when Joan would call her, she referred to herself as "the other Joan".She did that for years according to mom.  

Sadly & suddenly, Joan Miller passed away on March 23rd. Mom contacted me shortly after she received the news, which was indeed a shock to us all. 

My sincerest condolences to my mom and to Joan's family and friends. We just never know when our time here will end and our time in heaven will begin. Treasure your memories of time spent with Joan. She was a very special person. 


Obituary of Joan Shirley Miller

  1941 – 2021  

Peacefully at the Ottawa Civic Hospital on Tuesday March 23rd 2021 at the age of 79 with her loving daughter by her side. Cherished wife of Bert for 54 years. Loving Mom of Mark (Carla) and Shelley (Mike Merpaw). Proud and loving grandma of Gracie, Julia, Ryan and Sarah. Predeceased by her sister Phyllis (late Guy Ziebarth).

Joan will be fondly remembered by her sister in law Doreen Ballard and her many nieces, nephews and friends.

A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at Our Lady of Fatima Church, Renfrew on Saturday March 27, 2021 at 11:00 am. Spring interment St. Francis Xavier Cemetery.

Donations in memory of Joan Miller to CHEO Oncology while supporting Julia Miller.



No comments: