Mar 11, 2021

1 YEAR LATER: The Tanya Tucker Experience

We're talking a lot about it being a whole year since life as we knew came to a screeching halt.  It reminds me that it was also one year ago that my mom & I went to a Tanya Tucker show. As it would turn out, ours was one of Tucker's last shows before everything closed. Had the show been scheduled a week later than it was, there'd be no concert for me to relive fondly. 

HERE'S AN EDITED ENCORE OF OUR REVIEW OF TANYA TUCKER CONCERT FROM ONE YEAR AGO...

ever since I was in my late teens, I have loved Tanya Tucker. Her bad girl reputation and scandalous romances, which the tabloids loved to exploit, always intrigued me. 


Last January I saw an ad that made me nearly fall off my chair. The one and only Tanya Tucker was coming to St. Catharines. I was in a state of disbelief.

My mother’s birthday was in February. I grabbed my Mastercard and ordered two tickets. As expected mom was quite surprised.

knew mom hadn’t been to the First Ontario Performing Arts Centre before, but I didn’t know that she had also never ever been to a concert before. This added yet another layer of excitement to the event.

i recognized Tanya's opening number immediately. It was an extended intro to the hit ‘Trouble’ and a minute or so later, out strutted the country legend herself, looking fabulous dressed in leather, topped off with a stylish black cowboy hat. “WOO HOO!!!” I exclaimed loudly.


The extremely personable Tucker shared stories of her life with the audience between songs. At one point they brought out her bulldog Stella. Tanya spoke of her love for the spotlight stealing dog, who didn’t want to return backstage. As a result, Stella amused us all, tagging along behind Tanya throughout the next song. 


After performing her hit ‘Bring My Flowers Now’, several people in the crowd did precisely that, bringing bouquets to the front of the stage. Tanya was very grateful.

after the final song, the band resumed playing while Tucker signed autographs and posed for pix, before blowing us all a big kiss and leaving the stage.

It was a very special night for so many reasons and I can hardly wait until we can all go to shows like this again.