Mar 20, 2021

-SCRIBBLES VIDEO- Look for Our Leprechaun Draw

We've had lots of contests in the past year or so and we usually get someone in our Scribbles gang to assist us in picking the winners. This time around we thought we'd try something a bit different....since our contest was about finding a leprechaun, we decided to do our draw on St. Patrick's Day, live on Facebook.

I donned lots of green with funky eyeglasses, a hat, a flashing shamrock necklace and a green shirt. I surrounded myself with green balloons, a cutout of the little Ken leprechaun we had asked everyone to look for, a smiley container in which to put the entries and a glass of faux green beer (made from green paper.)

I had my iphone all set to go live at 7:30 pm, which I promoted heavily for several days leading up to to the draw. I tested the system prior to airtime, all was good. I had special effect filters picked out and was raring to go. Then the unthinkable happened. My damn phone wouldn't go live. I tried several times to no avail. Luckily I still have my old iphone which I was able to go live with. The planned special effects were out and the video quality would be blurry throughout the draw (thanks in part to the flashing necklace) but we were live and that's what counted.

26 Scribbles friends found the leprechaun and entered our contest. The jackpot was $31 and those who watched the draw -either live or later- said they found it very entertaining, even some pals who we had not heard from in ages (gotta love that). 

Here's an abbreviated version of the live draw, in case you didn't catch it on Facebook. 

No comments: