Aug 28, 2018

IN MEMORIAM | A Tribute to Timmi



There's so much I feel compelled to write about, yet wonder if the tribute video below isn't explanation enough.

I miss Timmi so much!  He was indeed "high maintenance" as my mom is best noted for saying. But I got used to it. And as he got older and frailer, the maintenance increased, but I was already doing stuff, so what's a few more minutes here and there?  

The fact is Timmi was by my side every day.  It didn't matter if I was depressed, anxious or having a lot of pain, I still had to take him for a walk every day. Rain or shine. He was a good motivator, whether he
knew it or not.

I remember when Timmi was at the vet's a year ago, he had to get a new band aid for his paw and he was being, well let's just say, silly. When we were leaving the girl at the reception desk was talking to me about my crazy child. She said he could be a bit of a "drama queen" at times, and the thing was, she was absolutely right, so how could I tell her she was wrong?

Call him what they may, Timmi was a very good little dog. He didn't care for other dogs as he got older, but otherwise he was very quiet and friendly with adults & kids and was surrounded by cats everywhere he lived... I swear he thought he was one of the felines at times.

Thank you again for your condolences. They mean a lot. He was a popular pooch who will be missed by many.
I have been reclusive the last few days which is understandable. I am using the time to grieve and create tributes in the form of my fake Timmi and the video below. It might take me a while to get used to this one.....it's a biggie.

I hope you enjoy Timmi's Tale, which features lots of photos and video clips featuring Timmi with many of you.


NEW SCRIBBLES VIDEO | Timmi's Tales 

SCRIBBLES VIDEO | Meet "Fake Timmi"... 


Demon Be Gone!

Tues. Sept. 18 marked exactly 3 weeks without Timmi. I am slowly adapting to not having him around but admit I think of him every day and it is difficult to go to sleep at night when I am so used to him laying beside me on the bed. 

Miss Kitty has adapted a little better. Although she was looking around for Timmi the first week or so after he passed away, Kitty seems to be okay with being the only pet in the house and getting all the extra attention. 

Meanwhile “Fake Timmi” has had an eye job. My mom said the gems in his eyes made him look kinda spooky, so I replaced them with smaller gems. 

Mom was right. It now looks more like Timmi and less like he’s possessed by a demon as we see in this before and after pix.



Here is the announcement of Timmi's passing
ORIGINALLY POSTED AUG. 28, 2018

It is with much sadness that I share with you that my little pal Timmi has passed away.

As you know, he had not been feeling well over the past few weeks. Despite a visit to the vet last Thursday and antibiotics, his condition became much worse over the past day or two.

In his own way, he let me know this morning that it was his time to cross over.

Although there is a slight sense of relief in knowing my buddy is no longer suffering life will be much different, no longer sharing each day with him by my side.

There are so many memories over his 14 years with us and I will do what I always do when someone I love passes away....create a memorial on Scribbles. This will happen when I feel up to it.

Thank you to my friend and neighbour Deanna for helping make today's goodbye experience less painful.

I will be in touch.



"Paws-itivily" Perfect

When we took Timmi to the humane society to end his suffering, there were various ways of remembering him, such as his ashes, an urn, etc. 

They also had clay imprints of your dog’s paw available, there were two models. As cost was a factor, I chose the smaller, less expensive version. 

The receptionist said that if I was creative I might be able to come up with a clever way of displaying the clay imprint. My friend Deanna, who had kindly taken us there, smiled (as did I) “Ummm, he’s definitely creative” she said.

The day I went to pick up the paw print, I first stopped at a local thrift store. I found a nice white candle holder for a buck and a little ceramic dog for 50 cents. When I got home, I hot glued the dog knick knack to the candle holder and then placed the paw print and an engraved rock my friend Becky had given me next to it.

Here’s the results of those efforts. Yes Deanna you were right... I am pretty creative.






ENCORE SCRIBBLES VIDEO | Love Will Keep Us Together

Created in 2013, Timmi and I share our love in this amusing video (with terrible lip synching...LOL)





ORIGINALLY POSTED AUG. 29, 2018...



Dear “Big Brother”:

It’s been 4 weeks since dad lovingly carried you out the door for the very last time. At first I kept watching for you to return. I looked in all the places you used to hang out. But you were nowhere to be found.

Dad kept telling me you weren’t coming back. At first I didn’t believe him, but as the days passed, I realized that sadly he was right. 

Dad cried a lot when you first left and sometimes without warning he still does. I have been extra affectionate to him as I think you would have wanted me to do that.

Even though you hardly ever barked or made noise, it is somehow much quieter around here without you.

I miss hiding and then jumping out when you walked by. You didn’t like that, but it always made me laugh because you fell for it every time.

And I really miss curling up beside you on the bed. You were the perfect sized furry little sidekick.

I hope you are happy where you are now and that you’re no longer sick.

Love,
Your “Little Sister”,
Miss Kitty