Apr 9, 2017

YOU | Justin's Ring Goes Gaga in the Big Apple

JUSTIN PRESTON'S AMAZING RING STORY - IN HIS OWN WORDS: 

"During the summer of 2010, many years ago. I lost my graduation ring in the sand at Crystal Beach*, because a of hole in my shorts pocket. 

I had customized it without my mother's permission because Lady Gaga truly inspired and helped me get through high-school which many at that point would not understand why I did this. With the cost being super expensive. I was still able to get this ring for everything I did in high-school as my mother was truly so proud of me and supported me all the way.

[I thought] I would never be able to get this ring back, checking every pawn shop, calling places all around the Niagara [to see] if this ring was sold or melted since prices were very high. I got no calls back, [and was] super heart broken. I gave up searching... almost forgetting.

[One day] I decided to share my story online with being bullied and trying to take my life several of times when I was younger. When I posted my story I never expected for so many replies, so many emails with support from people all around the world.

O
ne email stood out to me as it was a lady in New York - the same area where Lady Gaga was from.

She emailed me and asked if I'd ever lost something very special and close to my heart. [I looked at] this email thinking it was spam [but then] I decided to write back.

Not in a million years [did I think I] would be reading an email asking if I lost a gold ring
and if it was mine. If I was the real "Justin Preston" that was engraved inside the ring and to identify everything on it.

One thing I could never forget was the way I personalized and customized my 14k gold "#LadyGaga" ring.

How the ring was found was that [while visiting Crystal Beach] her daughter was playing in the sand and was making a castle when she discovered my ring. She was super young and had no idea what it was. She placed it with her toys ... when this family started packing up from their cottage to travel back to the United States from their summer visit to Canada.

[Upon returning home] the mother noticed my ring and was trying to search for me for years.

Two years later ...on this very day March 28th, 2012, Lady Gaga's birthday, I got my precious ring back.

This lady drove all the way from New York City
to Buffalo to drop my ring off to my mother's friend who traveled to the border and placed it back in my hands.

I can never forget March 28th 2012 as how grateful and emotional I was knowing there are still good people in our world."


[*CRYSTAL BEACH IS LOCATED NEAR FORT ERIE, ON]