Aug 15, 2019

Renfrew County Here We Come...

In preparation for my upcoming return to the Ottawa Valley, I sat outside for over 2 hours discovering all sorts of interesting historical facts about Renfrew County in this Vacation Guide.
Like, did you know....Renfrew was originally called Renfrewville, Eganville is named after one of the first settlers there John Egan, the swinging bridge in Renfrew is 129 years old, there's fossilized prehistoric animals from 500 million years ago preserved in limestone at the Bonnechere Caves and The Eganville Leader is one of Canada's oldest independent local newspapers.
My mom & I are headed to the Ottawa Valley on Tuesday. We will be staying at a campground on Mink Lake complete with a clean beach area. Mom & I will be checking out the sights and visiting relatives and other friends.
I will have little access to internet and therefore won't be on Facebook much (if at all) and there will be no new Scribbles posts until we get back.
Hope everyone has an enjoyable week.

Here's Miss Kitty "Talking" To You About My Trip...