Nov 1, 2020

The Bradys Bring Back Many Old Memories



It's been almost two months since CHCH TV began airing The Brady Bunch every weekday and we've been enjoying reliving every cheesy moment of it. When The Brady Bunch first hit the air, I was a big fan. And when it went into syndication, to live on forever, I was over the moon. 

My favourite Brady kid was Jan. I thought Eve Plumb was real groovy. I had pin-ups of Plumb from teen life magazines on my bedroom walls (walls she shared with David Cassidy & Donny Osmond). 


I remember having my Brady Bunch notebook. In it I had written out the names and descriptions of every single episode over 5 seasons. Kinda like a wikipedia page, only handwritten and on lined paper. 

I had two Brady Bunch albums, where they went I don't know. But when I had them, I played them a little more often than I should probably admit. LOL!

One of the things I'm getting a kick out of, when tuning in each day to watch the Bradys, is how many times I know what the characters are going to say or do. Peter trying to act like Humphrey Bogart, and then says "pork chops & apple sauce...swell" with Bogie's mannerisms. The one where Marsha gets hit it the nose with a football and the infamous one where Peter's ball breaks "mom's favourite vase" which they repeat a few times with Bobby saying "She always says don't play ball in the house". The Brady's trip to the Grand Canyon, a three part adventure. I remember each and every one of these rare gems, and I'm so glad CHCH is airing The Brady Bunch. 



No comments: