Dec 19, 2020

Santa Klyde is Coming to Town

We're letting today's new video act as our Christmas editorial. As the title indicates, our buddy Klyde's back in Santa mode and pouring on the charm. 

There's a lot going on in this clever video and a ton of shout outs to YOU...our wonderful Scribbles friends. I hope you get a chance to check it out and see how many people you recognize.

More about the making of Santa Klyde is Coming to Town after the video.

Oops... 

Despite my best efforts to give a shout out to as many friends as possible, I have missed a few people. Strangely enough...there's two Renee's in the missed list. Renee in Niagara and Renee & husband Norm in Haliburton. I also missed our friend Samantha & her mom Maria. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones. 
No Easy Task


It's not unsual to encounter some issues when making a video, but this one added a few unexpected major problems.

One of the clips I shot using my new iphone 11 Pro Max was actually 16 minutes long. It was the portion of Klyde reading the Christmas shout outs list. It would NOT transfer to my computer through the USB cable, the file was too big. 

Every curse word known to mankind was uttered. I tried several times including reboots and it still would not transfer. 

I ended up loading the clip to an app called Filmora. From there I had the ability to change the format in which the video would be saved. Basically you sacrafice picture quality to reduce how much memory the video will take up. By doing this the file was much smaller and I was able to transfer it. You can see a bit of difference on the footage of Klyde, it's not as crisp as others, but it was either that or redo the whole thing..and that was not happening.  

  CORRECTION:   In our video we indicate Justin Preston send out over a thousand Christmas cards. The amount was actually 778, which is still quite mind blowing, considering Justin likes to include a personalized message with each card.