Aug 16, 2022

Chillin'

I'm going to the Ottawa Valley in a few days, with my mom. We will be repeating much of 2019's visit. For example, we will be staying in my cousins Cathy & Ernie's RV at Cedar Beach Camp Resort in Eganville. 

We will also be getting together with some our many Scribbles friends & relatives in the Valley and I will be spending a night on a private island with my cousin Jeanne...and the only way to get there is by....wait for it....BOAT! My fear of water will be in full force I'm sure. 

Ironically, mom and I won't be spending a lot of time actually IN our hometown Renfrew. Mom has a friend she wishes to visit there and we want to check out the amazing gift shop 'A Sense of Country' and of course it wouldn't be a trip to Renfrew if we didn't go to the infamous Swinging Bridge, but we will be in Eganville, White Lake and Douglas for most of our holiday.  

There will be no new posts while we are away. Off Beat Cinema will return Fri. Aug. 26 and we will resume posts and videos in early Sept.

We're into the last few weeks of August, a last kick at the can when it comes to summer activities and festivals. Get out and enjoy yourself. Even sitting outside with a cold beverage and a good read can be enjoyable, if you can't get to events or aren't doing a vacation. Just go out and have fun. 

I look forward to bringing you more videos, more Scribbles posts and of course more Mr. Sock, who I spend entirely too much time with...LOL!  September officially makes it 43 years that Scribbles has been around in one format or another. We'll talk about that more next month.

Happy Trails My Friends. 
“There is magic in long-distance friendships. 
They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes 
beyond being physically together and is often more profound.”

– Diana Cortes

No comments: