Nov 12, 2012

Kerri's Cuckoo for Colin

Our friend Kerri Thomson-Fortier is a major Colin James fan, so when her pal Chris had an extra ticket to Colin's recent show Kerri jumped at the opportunity.

"We hit a bit of traffic on the way to Brantford and missed most of the opening act but it was Colin I was going to see anyway." Kerri tells Scribbles. "It was at the Sanderson Centre for Performing Arts which was a beautiful venu. It was so dark it was hard to get any good pics. I tried with the camera on my phone and my digital."

Looking around the venue before Colin hit the stage, Kerri made an interesting observation. "[It] was an older crowd which I expected, but man there were alot of people that could have been old enough to be my parents and grandparents. LOL."

In comparison to some of the other times she has seen Colin perform Kerri said "It was not the type of atmosphere I am used to seeing him in where I would usually stand and dance and hoop and hollar etc. Could not do that here. At the end of the each song we clapped and hooped and hollared but just not the same when you can't dance. The crowd did not seem into that much but probably for the same reason I had a hard time getting into it. But I moved around in my seat a bit."

"After he left stage, before the encore, we walked up the side of the room by the wall and got about 5 rows back to see the last couple of songs. Chris turns to me and says "he's just a short shit now I know why you like him so much".....lmao.

Sounds like it was fun Kerri, even if you couldn't shake what your momma gave you quite as much as what you are accustomed to. Maybe next time!