Jun 7, 2017

ME | Playing Nice

I generally steer clear of getting political on Scribbles, but I found this photo very uplifting and wanted to share it and my comments with you. I'm addressing conduct here, not government policies.

PHOTO COURTESY CHRIS BITTLE 
St. Catharines M.P. Chris Bittle [above in red jacket] posted this photo on his Facebook page and of course, me being...well, me...I just had to write something to Mr. Bittle about it.

My comment to M.P. Chris Bittle and Canada's Prime Minister:

"This photo fills me with much pride. Thank you Prime Minister Trudeau and my M.P. Chris Bittle for putting a positive spin on how to conduct yourself in today's political arena. Not always easy to do with so much negativity and rudeness coming from many directions. 

I believe this is the time for Canada to show the world that treating people with respect and kindness may not always make the day's top headlines or be "breaking news", but it is the right thing to do. 

Bless you and our amazing country on its 150th birthday"