Dec 26, 2017

FAMILY | A Tail-Wagging Christmas

Timmi sported a holiday tie as he joined me and our family for a wonderful Christmas gathering at my mom’s.

My old furry friend and I were actually there Christmas Eve Day too, as I helped mom prepare the food and table setting. Everyone was bringing yummy dishes and desserts Christmas Day to go along with what mom & I prepared, which included the infamous cooking the turkey (Don't let on, but we cheated on the gravy, it was from a can. LOL)

I had packed an overnight bag when I went to mom's on Christmas Eve Day. There was snow forecast and we had a lot to do and it would take some time. If there was a blizzard going on at the same time, I was staying.  But when we were finished and looked outside, there wasn't a single flake of snow falling. So -as previously planned- I took mom's car to get Timmi & I home.

I had already asked my neighbour if I could park mom's car in the back. She was fine with that, meaning I had a place to put the car when we got home.

Although it was still not snowing when I went to bed, snow began to fall in the middle of the night.

When I looked outside the next morning, mom's little Nissan car looked like an igloo. When I took Timmi out for a pee, I brought along my broom, first to sweep a path for the dog and then to sweep off the car, before returning inside for my well deserved morning coffee.

Even though the car was now visible, I still had a problem. There was a lot of snow in the driveway. I would not be able to get the car to the road. There is a shovel here, but I don't usually use it because with my f'd up back, lifting a shovel totally does me in. And I mean REAL BAD!  Not exactly a good way to feel while doing the family Christmas shindig.

As I sat in the living room, sipping my coffee and wondering how I was going to take care of this car situation, I heard a sound outside.  It was my neighbour. He was shoveling the driveway. He shoveled from the car to the road including the area the plow had gone by.  It's not uncommon for him to shovel the driveway, but what was special was the fact he only shoveled where "my" car was. He usually shovels a path that would go from the garage where his mom's car is, to the road.

But not today. This time it was a direct path for me to get the car out and I was very touched by that. 

Cinderella could go to the ball and Timmi & I could go to Nana's to spend Christmas Day with our family.  It doesn't get much better than that!

PHOTOS FROM CHRISTMAS WITH MY FAMILY COMING SOON