Dec 21, 2017

ME | iFreak for iPhone

REVISED DEC. 22

It was all Megan's fault. I was quite content with my exciting iPhone until I saw her Plus size version.

It started at the end of September. My friend Doug had offered to drive my mom to Renfrew, where she would spend a week visiting family and friends. He would return the following weekend to take her back to St. Catharines. I would join Doug for company on the rides and also to enjoy visits with my cousins. 

The first Saturday, we stayed at my cousin Jeanne and her husband Peter's spacious home. Her daughter Megan and her boyfriend Andy, ventured down from their home in Ottawa to spend some time with us at her parent's place.

Of course, I wanted to take lots of pictures of the gang. Megan also decided to take some pictures.

And that's when it happened! Megan brought out her iphone and I was in awe. I had the regular sized iPhone 6, but Megan had the Plus size version. 

I tested out Megan's phone by putting it in my pocket to see if the larger size was awkward. It wasn't. She also had a funky stretchy "ring" on the back of her phone, which you could use to get a better grip on the device.  

I immediately fell in love with the larger sized iPhone and that ring thingy too (hey, give me a break, I don't have much of a life, so it takes very little to excite me...LOL.)  From that point on, I made it my mission to find a Plus size iPhone of my own.  

The iPhone 8 was released and I wanted to get the Plus size.  It was going to cost me $360 up front with a standard 2 year contract.

They'd take off $125 if I gave them my existing iPhone. I gave it some thought and waited for a few weeks.  

The Cyber Monday special offered the Plus size phone for $130 ...a whopping $230 less than it was before AND I didn't have to give them my existing phone to get this deal. It was too good to resist. 

Part one of my mission was now accomplished...I now had the Plus size I had gone gaga over a few months earlier. Now I just had to find that ring for the back of it. I found a variation to what Megan had on eBay.

The ring on my case is handy for holding the phone and can also be used as a "kick stand" to prop the phone up slightly, for when I'm watching videos on it. 

Do I need to get out more?  Perhaps. But in the meantime, I have a wonderful new way to keep myself occupied and it's all because my cousin Megan showed me her Plus size phone. WOO HOO!