Jul 1, 2022

Still Reasons to Appreciate Canada.

S
cribbles wishes all our friends a Happy Canada Day. Sadly, once again it is a somber occasion. Two years ago we were in the early days of the pandemic, last year we had just learned about the horrific deaths of Indigenous children. This year we have our tarnished Canadian flag.I'm sorry. I'm for free speech. Just leave the flag out of it.

Last year at this time, seeing someone driving by with a big Canadian flag on their vehicle, we'd think they're celebrating Canada Day. This year when you see a truck with a flag or two flapping in the wind, you can bet there's also a sign saying "Mandate Freedom","F#ck Trudeau" or something equally classy.
[Does eye roll]

That's MY flag too and I don't appreciate it being used that way.

I believe there is still more good than evil in this world. We hear about the crazies the instant they do something. We don't hear about the people doing acts of kindness. They aren't looking it for accolades. They do it cuz it feels good just to help others.

There are still things about Canada that I appreciate. I'm going to park my focus there while wishing my Scribbles family a Happy Canada Day.

No comments: