Dec 23, 2023

END-OF-YEAR EDITORIAL | They Walk Amongst Us

Hello Friends,

Here we are at the end of yet another year. I swear, the older I get the faster the years seem to go by.

2023 was a year of many highs and numerous lows for myself and our Scribbles family.

We said a lot of goodbyes to some very dear friends, beloved pets, celebrities and legends. At times I was hesitant to open Facebook, because it felt like every day I would see someone else had passed away. Other Scribbles friends delt with crippling illnesses that disrupted their lives. There were wars and murders, storms and insane inflation. It was hard not to think things were pretty bleak. 

Fortunately, the world is also filled will a lot of very kind, caring people. We don’t hear about them much but they are out there, in far greater numbers than all the bad people put together. What they’re doing isn’t going viral, because they’re not doing things for the notoriety, they’re doing it because they genuinely like helping others. The world needs more like them. Many of our Scribbles friends shared that kindness throughout the year. 

Other friends rose above the darkness with art in the form of performing music, live theatre and in our case a website devoted to happiness and laughter.

We shared plenty of your adventures throughout 2023 with What’s New With You, we featured lots of cool contests (even some that our pal Jackie DIDN’T win…LOL), Joe Friday continued to make us smile with his new escapades, we kept you informed with lots of Events listings and our pal Mr. Sock delighted young and old with his crazy antics in new Scribbles Videos.

Your response to our Rudolph Storytime video is quite touching. I’m glad so many of you enjoyed it and had a few good laughs. Be sure to enter our Sock vs. Sock Christmas Edition and then look for the infamous snowman in our 43rd Annual Find Frosty Contest. Wait did I just say 43rd? Holy Cow! That’s a lot!

I hope everyone in Scribblesland has a very enjoyable holiday season. You're my inspiration for Scribbles. When you say Scribbles made you smile, it makes me smile. 

I send good vibes and positive energy to each and every one of you and wish you a bright and prosperous 2024. I appreciate all your support and kind comments. 

Love Ya! 

Ken

No comments: