Nov 8, 2010


Waiter, there's a Cameraman in my Soup

It’s no secret, I LOVE HALLOWEEN!  Despite my actual age, I always feel like a kid during the trick or treat time of year. And I’m not alone! Rob Denis is also a Halloween junkie and between the two of us we decorated our home with lots of pumpkins, ghosts, little skeletons, flickering orange chandelier lights, creepy rubber spiders and more. With the apartment taking on a great Halloween look, now it was our turn to do the same.

We both came up with ideas relatively close to our hearts. Rob works in the kitchen at Crown Plaza’s Niagara Falls location. For Halloween however, he stepped out of the kitchen, putting together an awesome formal waiter outfit. Complete with bowtie, vest, apron, napkin and a serving tray with plastic cocktail glasses glued onto it, Robert made a very convincing waiter.

For my guise, I exaggerated my scribbles paparazzi title. My costume included a black hat with “scribbles Paparazzi”  across the front, bedazzled geek glasses, faux backstage passes to various events and of course…a cool camera.  My camera started off with a $2 purchase of an old 35mm camera at Value Village. My extended lense was actually a metal container with a round mirror from a compact as a lense. My flash bulb was a flickering yellow light, which was actually a light for inside a jack-o-lantern.

Next, grab your hot-glue gun, stick the pieces in place and you’ve got yourself one groovy camera!  A few trips to the Thrift Store and Dollarama, a little imagination and you've got yourself an inexpensive costume. 

With costumes and accessories all in place, Rob and I were all set to enjoy Halloween night with family and friends. And as you will soon see - that’s exactly what we did.


No comments: