Oct 1, 2011

You


GIDDAY!

I met Gail Sharratt Mallory many moons ago when we both worked at Howard Johnson's Restaurant (or "HoJo's" as it was better known as). With her positive energy, quick wit, beaming smile and Aussie accent, she was a hoot to sling meals with...especially at a place as "adventureous" as HoJo's was.

I remember creating a unique card for Gail. It featured a hand drawn kangaroo -and it was given to Gail when she was either leaving HoJo's or going to Australia (or maybe even both), ask Gail, she'll clarify it for you and still has that card.

In this era of social networking, surprisingly, it wasn't facebook or the likes that reunited Gail and I. We did it the old fashioned way...in person [a generation of our readers gasp in awe!...LOL]. Gail works at a local grocery store and it was there that we ran into each other again.

Since Rob ususally does the grocery shopping these days, Gail and I have not seen each other much in recent months. We do keep in touch on facebook and it was there that I found the hilarious collection of photos that follow.

Recently, scribbles featured Gail's daughter Katie marching in Niagara's Wine Festival parade, in Laura Secord High School's notorious "junk band" (an annual crowd favourite). It was nice to see our pal Gail's sense of fun and adventure in her daughter's face.

The world needs more people like Gail and I am so fortunate to have her in my life! 
Let's Get Giddy with Gail!!

OK friends, here they are, riped from the pages of facebook...the hilarious adventures of our friend Gail Shallatt Mallory...

....Guaranteed to make you laugh...or your money cheerfully refunded! 

 Ladies and Gentlemen, Her Majesty, Gail...


No my dear I can't give you directions,
can't you see I'm a tourist..


What do you mean, I should cut down on the coffee!...


MAN OVERBOARD!!...


Oh when the saints go marching in...

Samurai Thanksgiving...

Gail, promise me you'll never change!!
Thanks for letting me share some laughs with scribbles pals.
You're the best!

Love
Kenny


"Hi Kenny, just read Scibbles, you are tooooo funny. We did have a blast at HoJos and they are memories that I will treasure."

-Gail Sharratt-Mallory

[Ken replies: No Gail it is YOU that is tooooooo funny and it is I who brings that humour to the scribbles masses. Yes, we did have some great times at HoJos and I treasure them too]





SPRING BREAK ENCORE
ORIGINALLY POSTED: 10/1/11

Magic Moments with Megan

Megan Fox has been receiving a lot of buzz on facebook after she recently updated her profile pix. And why wouldn't she?  Like I told her, it's one of the best photos of her ever, complimenting her natural beauty and charm. Some of her other pals were a bit more explicit with their reviews of her hot new pix and of course I couldn't resist the opportunity to let her facebook friends know that I once changed Megan's diapers and even covered in shit, she was still a cutie -a bit ripe perhaps, but still very cute.

Below are some more photos Megan posted to facebook. First up, her cat Floyd posing on a chair and captured purr-fectly by Megan's photographic eye.


And here's another pix Megan recently added, taken when she was visiting us this Summer with her mom (and my crazy cousin) Jeanne....

I had to laugh at a comment our friend Pat Fenerty had regarding the group shot above.

Says Pat; "Poor Rob is made to sit on the doggie blanky . . . hmmm, is there a problem?"

LOL, good one Pat. Actually the sofa we're all sitting on at my mom's place is fairly new and the doggie blanket belongs to Timmi, but he doesn't mind sharing it with his "Big Daddy".



SPRING BREAK ENCORE
ORIGINALLY POSTED: 10/1/11

Fill 'Er Up!


The times they certainly have changed. In 1979 I worked at a local gas bar called Gales. Considering I didn't know how to drive or a thing about cars let alone how to fill them with fuel, I still stayed at the job for over 3 years.

I remember the bosses saying the station I worked at was the cleanest and tidiest of all the gas bars they operated in Niagara. In my view, even a greasy old gas bar can be accessorized. LOL!

Recently I stopped a Gales for gas. The new modern pump was a far cry from the antique number I worked with. Plus, this station was Self Serve, virtually unheard of in the "good old days".

Of course the biggest change of all is the price. The futuristic pump I was getting gas from was doing so at around $1.25 per litre. It was about 29 CENTS a litre when I was a gas bar attendant. Yes, I really am THAT old!!