Oct 1, 2011

It's the Most Frightful Time of the Year!



No I'm not talking about Halloween, the scariest day in October for me is Oct. 2nd.....my birthday. It's a low key affair this year having made a glutton of myself with 4 days of fun last year when I hit the big 5-0 (or Oh, OH, as I prefer to call it).

Since some of my family are away on my actual birthday, we celebrated  last Sunday instead. As if having another birthday isn't bad enough, this year I had to muster up enthusiasm an entire week early.

Fortunately my doctor has added a stronger med to my chronic pain line-up, so I was feeling "no pain" and was therefore much happier. Of course I hammed it up pretty good too, making out that my new meds were the reason I was being so silly that day, but really it was just great to be surrounded by my family to celebrate my favourite subject...ME...and to be doing so virtually pain-free!

My gifts this year included a handy cart that I will find useful when bringing in groceries or doing some laundry. I'll be the envy of all the seniors in the building with this beauty.

Thanks to my mom for a fantastic dinner and to my entire family for your gifts and celebrating with me. A week early or a week late, there's never a bad time to spend time with my loving family.



scribbles VIDEO CLIP

"Slightly Mad"
"I'm Going Slightly Mad" performed by Queen

Let it never be said that I don't have a good sense of humour. Here's a clip featuring the kind of photos most of us would hide. Fortunately for you, the freaky photos are of me, although I do have a stash of pix of some of our readers which would make excellent blackmail material, so let's hope we never get in a big argument....LOL!

So sit back for a few seconds and watch as I go slightly mad right before your eyes!

No comments: