Feb 9, 2013

ABOUT YOU

 Good Things Indeed Come in Small Packages

She may have arrived a bit earlier than anticipated and "tipped the scales" at only 2 lb 15 oz, but little Emerson Rose Todd has already made a big impression with family and friends.

IVAN & ROSE SIMPSON, ME & GRANDMA,  EMERSON, POPPY
Above we see the tiny angel with her mommy Mandy and showing us what a strong grip she has as she grabs a hold of an unidentified finger [and yes, Scribbles did a little manicuring before we posted it...LOL]

If you were wondering about the little one's unique name, Emerson Rose is named after her Great Great Grandparents, Ivan Emerson Simpson and Rose Simpson.

This isn't the first time the grand Simpsons have lent their names to others. My middle name is Emerson (as Ivan Emerson was my grandfather.) I had a cat who I named Emerson and for a short period of time I also had a cat named Simpson.

Ivan Emerson was also known as Poppy Simpson and I named my beloved dog Poppy after him.

But Emerson Rose takes first prize with the ultimate name paying tribute to the Simpson couple and we're certain that somewhere out there they're smiling down at her and her proud parents.

No comments: