Sep 1, 2016

VIDEO | Understanding Trigeminal Neuralgia

After two trips to local hospitals, a TIA (mini-stroke) scare, blood work and an ultrsound, it was determined I do not have a blood clot. This is indeed good news, but my enthusiasm just isn't really happening when we're still dealing with something that's screwing me up.

Based upon my history [my neck accident over 35 years ago, my chronic pain management] the Trigeminal nerve concept makes sense. When twisted or pinched a certain way, there's nerves that then cause the left side of my face to feel frozen, along with other localized pain.  It mimics some symptoms of strokes, so it made sense why I got concerned when I experienced them, not once but twice.

Since seeing my doctor last week, there has been less frozen face sensations and less other pain spots, like no tingly limbs. I have an idea why the pain has been a bit less intense and it didn't come from any of the numerous pill bottles I have.

I'm also adjusting to the sudden departure of 2 meds from my collection. No cutbacks here. These two meds were taken every night for about a year and now suddenly they're gone. Your body notices these little changes, well at lest mine seems to.

Here's a video all about Trigeminal Neuralgia, which I could have to some extent (will find out more in the months ahead)