Dec 18, 2018

EDITORIAL | Goodbye 2018....and Good Riddance

As I always seem to say at this time, it’s hard to believe that another year will soon be coming to an end. Although it may come across as being bitter, I can honestly say I will not be sorry to say goodbye to 2018.

This was a year filled with many challenges and tearful farewells. Walking among us for a final time were our friend Bob Miller and my beloved dog Timmi, to name but a few. Their departures occurred within a week of each other, which made these losses even more painful.

When my laptop crashed in mid July, little did I know how difficult it would be to replace it. I ended up returning two faulty laptops before finding a third one that filled my needs and let me get back to creating Scribbles for you.

My health was far from good for much of this year. In addition to my usual aches and pains, I also experienced chest pain plus symptoms associated with a stroke and was rushed to the hospital twice via ambulance.
In November, shortly after getting a bad haircut, I passed out in my apartment. It was extremely terrifying when I came to and realized what had just happened. There were large bruises on my leg, shoulder and arm. I had bit my tongue and bled all over myself and there was a big bump on the back of my head. I went back to the hospital to check if I had a concussion (I didn’t) and a few weeks later began seeing a very irritating neurologist, who suspended my driver’s license.

Just when I thought things couldn’t possibly get worse, I developed a nasty rash on my face. My doctor said it’s rosacea and gave me an ointment that did more harm than good. Of all the health issues I’ve encountered, this is the one that upsets me the most. I can hide the other problems but it’s kinda difficult to hide your face.
To be fair, there were also some good days in 2018. I had a great time enjoying Pride in the Park, I was thoroughly entertained by musical groups who played the Performing Arts Centre, I had out of this world fun at Ctrl V's media day, enjoyed the grand opening of DJ's Comic Corner, won $91 from GIANT FM and became obsessed with painting the stairway that brings you up to my apartment.

As for our friends in Scribblesland, well many of them also faced great challenges, said goodbye to loved ones and had health issues. They too will be glad when 2018 is in the rear view mirror.

We have several Christmas themed posts for you to enjoy and there’s an abundance of things waiting in the wings. These posts have been delayed because I wasn’t feeling good but I hope to get to them soon.

My sincere wish for all of you is a holiday season filled with joy and a bright, prosperous...and healthy new year.

Your Friend & Scribbles CEO,
Ken

video duration: 0:55 min.