Apr 4, 2019

ME | Thorough & Thrilled

After several months waiting period, followed by numerous medical tests, last week I saw the cardiologist to discuss the results of these very thorough procedures.

The news isn’t good....it’s GREAT! The chest ultrasound showed my heart is healthy and so are the valves around it. Dr. Mackett said that when they do an ultrasound for your heart, they also see other organs such as your lungs and they also look good.

The stress test, where I walked on a treadmill, was perfect. Dr. Mackett said that he would have no concerns about me, should I wish to do anything strenuous. He said “You’re far from being a couch potato.” I mentioned to him that I do walk quite a lot.

The results of the time I wore the heart monitor were also good. He said my heart beats faster when it should (when I am moving around, etc) and is within a healthy range.

Any pain I may sometimes feel in the heart area is related to my chronic pain. This was good to know as I have often wondered if my upper back pain was a symptom of my heart pain or if the chest pain was a symptom of the back pain. It’s the latter.

He said based upon my test results I should be around for a while and there’s no need for further tests or appointments with him.

Needless to say I was thrilled and on the way home and rewarded myself with a visit to Subway.