Feb 8, 2022

Last Year at This Time

This photo was taken after LAST year’s birthday party for my mom.

Because of lockdown restrictions my family didn’t gather at my place. Only mom was actually here in person. The rest of my family were at their homes but still very much a part of the party.

I had made birthday kits for each person which they received a few days before the party. The kits included balloons, party hats, candies and other goodies.

We did a Zoom call and each location looked similar thanks to the stuff in their birthday kits.

When I presented mom with a colourful birthday cupcake (instead of a cake), I did it on camera so everyone could sing “happy birthday” together.

I always incorporate a game into each party. Last year’s virtual birthday was no exception. I came up with The Birthday Game. Each person had a birthday game sheet and funky pen. I asked 10 birthday related questions, everyone wrote down their answers on their game sheet. Then I revealed the answers. The person with the most correct won a gift card.

This pix is me feeling proud and content that the party was a success…. Both in person and virtually.

No comments: