May 23, 2022

EDITORIAL | Feeling A Bit Blah on Victoria Day

I'm working on Scribbles "What's New With You" section. I really love creating that one. But despite that, I sometimes have trouble getting motivated.

Physically I can't be sitting at my desk for extended periods. The option to now stand, thanks to a desk top lift my bosom buddy Doug gave me, is very helpful, but I still have to limit my screen time.
Mentally I've been kinda down. The world has changed so much in the past few years. It can be hard NOT to feel anxious and depressed about that.
 
Plus this weekend's deadly storm that took at least 8 lives and caused massive damage has really upset me. I have relatives and friends in Ottawa & the Ottawa Valley. When I drive to visit them, I pass through many of the places that were pummeled by the storm. Several of the people who died were hit by a tree. A f*cking tree! And there was very little advance notice. The emergency message went out and BAM..... the monster storm was upon them.
 
On Good Friday, we had a bad storm which caused damage including some big branches in my yard and my neighbour's. It was scary when the winds were smashing small branches on to my house and windows. I can only imagine how scary it must have been for those in the path of Saturday's killer storm.
 
It could happen anywhere at any time with little to no notice. And it can be pretty overwhelming.
 
I hope my Scribbles friends who lived through the storm are all okay and that they were spared major damages. Feel free to let me know how you're doing in the comments section if you can.
 
I hope everyone has a good Victoria Day. Scribbles should be ready by next weekend. 

I love you all very much. You are my saving grace and I appreciate it more than words can say.




No comments: