May 1, 2022

Naomi Judd's Tragic End Reminds Me of My Father's Suicide


Understandably emotional, Ashley Judd spoke candidly to Diane Sawyer on the tragic death of her mother Naomi. The segment aired on Good Morning America.
 
Naomi Judd’s passing has reminded me that my biological father ended his life in a very similar way back in 1990. Keith and I were not close - a fact that’s fairly obvious considering I call him my “biological father” or by his first name.
 
I felt a bit like a stranger at his funeral. I had attempted suicide when I was around 18 or 19 years old. Seeing the anguish Keith’s family and friends were experiencing was a real eye opener for me. I visualized what MY family and friends would be feeling if I were to end my life. It was a valuable lesson.
 
If you or someone you love is struggling with suicidal thoughts help is available 24/7. I know personally that it isn’t easy to make that step. But reaching out to someone can be very beneficial.
 
If you are not comfortable talking to strangers about your mental health, please know I am here for you. Direct message, email, text or call me. Who knows. You may even help me by letting me help you.
 
Sorry for the length of this message. I usually keep my posts light and cheery much like my website Scribbles. But sometimes a more serious post is necessary. This is one of those times.

Here’s the interview with Ashley Judd…