Jun 8, 2023

Proud Friendship

Yesterday I went to N.E.T. Campground with my best friend Doug. I have known Doug & his wife Heather since the beginning of time and they have been there for me at various chaotic moments of my life (and there have been some real doozies.)

On route to the campground, Doug had to stop at his place to pick a few things up. I was touched to see a large Pride flag waving in the wind at the front of their home along side a big Canada flag. In the backyard were smaller rainbow & Canadian flags and Heather had more flags for Doug and I to put out at the trailer.
 
Seeing that big flag flapping proudly in the wind in front of Doug & Heather’s place was so touching and I want to thank them both for doing that and being such amazing life long friends.

I saw a post the other day with pix of someone’s home with a Pride flag out front. They went on to say that they did that to let those in the LGBTQ+2S community know that their home is a safe and supportive space. They did it to let noisy, misinformed protesters know they very much disagree with them.
 
Thank you to everyone who is an ally to the LGBTQ+2S community. Together let’s build a world where everyone is free to be themselves without harassment or harm.

No comments: