Jul 13, 2012

 Graham and Uncle Ken's Excellent Weekend
While his parents enjoyed a mini-vaca in Niagara Falls, my nephew Graham and I crammed lots of activity into our weekend. After dropping "Mommy and Daddy" off in the Falls, we decided to take a break from the heat with ice cold raspberry lemonades at Tim Horton's. "It's very delicious Uncle Ken", Graham exclaimed, as he sipped away at his frosty drink.

Next we stopped at a car wash in St Catharines to give my car a much needed cleaning. Graham helped squigee the windows and was impressed by the giant vacuum cleaner that sucked away all the dirt inside my car.

The next day we went to Welland so I could show Graham the apartment building I will soon call home. He also got to meet all of Rob's family before I took him to a local park to cool off in a wading pool and splash pad. We were getting hungry so we used some of the money Graham's parents left us to get McDonalds for dinner (a far from Happy Meal with an order that took forever to get and then was screwed up...and yes I was on the phone complaining before the ice in my pop even melted, and YES, they're sending me coupons ...LOL) 

Graham stayed up a bit past his usual bedtime on Saturday night because like he said we were having a fun sleepover. And when he ate all his snack and asked for more, he told me it was because he's a "growing boy"  (from the mouth's of babes, eh?)

On Sunday, after enjoying one of many sessions at my laptop playing games on Treehouse TV's website, I took Graham to a local flea market. He had never been there before and w he found some cool Scooby Doo cars and even got a free plush Scooby from one of the vendors after she discovered this was his first time at the market.

Another fun visit for Graham and Uncle Ken, although a little bittersweet. This was the last time I will babysit him while we enjoy the convenience of both living at the same apartment building. It will be very different once I move, which made this weekend's visit even more special than ever.


Room With a View
And while Graham and I spent quality time together, "Sister Jane" and her beau Ken enjoyed some cozy time in Niagara Falls.  Complete with a room with a view of the Falls (as pictured above), the happy couple had a great time and Jane even made a new BFF, a large tree frog- which means BFF stands for Best Frog Forever.... (gee, that pun's so bad it almost makes me wanna croak.....groan)