Sep 17, 2013

You

Steve Sauder (in yellow shirt)  grooves with JamJam! buddies
JamJam! Jams Alymer
by Scribbles reporter Steve Sauder

"...Saturday, August 31, (the day after my birthday), I drove to Aylmer Ontario (about 2 hours from Toronto) for the JamJam! Music Festival, where Dynasty Electric (whom you will know from my previous posts announcing my entries into their remix competitions on Indaba Music) were playing. 

Because it was a small intimate festival, I got to spend the majority of the day with Seth Misterka, Jenny Electrik, and Mantis Evar (founder of Indaba, talented musician and producer). They are three of the nicest people you'll ever meet, wonderful, interesting, and most importantly - absolutely head-over-heels in love with music. 

We had some great talks, including making some plans to present the band in Toronto (with an orchestra, playing versions of their songs that I am scoring for full orchestra) - they were excited about the prospect, so now the work starts to make it happen - beginning with writing scores for more of their songs so we'll have a full evening. 

Oh yeah, the music festival was fun too - and Dynasty Electric put on an absolutely knock-down, drag-out, kick-ass show that finished the night off perfectly. I drove all the way home on a high that lingers still. Thanks Jenny and Seth and Mantis, for a terrific day."

No comments: