Jan 12, 2014

You

I've mentioned during past Christmas seasons, and I'm about to do it again. One of the symbolic ways I know that the holidays are truly here, is the arrival of the Mackie family's Christmas card, photo and -the best part of all - their annual newsletter.

The newsletter is an in-depth look at what Francesca and Brian Mackie of Toronto and their children, Colin and Catriona, have been up to during the past year.

Francesca once told me she wondered how I manage to keep on top of things doing Scribbles, keeping everyone informed and entertained.  She mentioned that putting the family newsletter together was quite a project and she was a bit in awe by my ability to do Scribbles all year long.

Francesca I have a confession to make. When I was reading about your family's accomplishments this year, it was I who was amazed  by how each of you lead busy, active, fulfilling lives.

Your family truly makes the best of each day and that's something that frequently doesn't seem to happen with me. Maybe this year I'll take a page from the book of Mackie and make more of my time, if I'm feeling well enough, of course.