Feb 24, 2014

Me

REUNITED!

You're forgiven if you are a bit confused when it comes to my car. You probably read on Scribbles a few weeks ago that I was saying goodbye to "Betsy", who was in need of repairs.

I had taken my car to the Windshield King on East Main Street in Welland, which is located only a few blocks from where I currently live. Not only did they come up with an absurdly high repair estimate of $1100, they charged me $78 just for looking at the car.

My friend, neighbour ....and yes, ex-boyfriend, Rob, was determined to find me a better deal. He took Betsy to R&B Automotive on King Street (Welland) where he was told the brake line replacement job could be done for about $400! That certainly is a far cry from the previous quote of $1100.

Betsy and I were reunited last Wed. My first drive after getting the car back was to Memorial Park with a very grateful Timmi (who I think was having the same car withdraw symptoms as me.)

I know that Betsy will eventually have to go, as it is an old car and bound to need more repairs in the future which will be unaffordable.

My disabilities and daily pain management routines, put some limitations as to when and how long I can drive. I am aware of this and drive only when able and appreciate having a means of getting to my numerous appointments in St Catharines and to run errands.

Needless to say, even if I weren't moving, I would never take my car to the Windshield King ever again. Their quote was inaccurate and cost me a total of $78 just to hear about it.  No wonder they never seem to be very busy there.

A great big thank you to Rob and my good friend Cathy for all their help with the car repair, which had turned into quite an ordeal and a real eye-opener.

The Beatles and Joe Cocker said it best..."I get by with a little help from my friends", who have been incredibly supportive, not only throughout the past  few weeks, but on a regular basis.  I truly would be lost without all of you and appreciate this more than words can express.


No comments: