Feb 3, 2014

Pets

Krash Kitty 

Take one hyperactive kitten, add one breakable gargoyle statuette along with a scented candle, that I had placed on my kitchen table as a centrepiece, and you have the perfect combination.... for disaster!

I was sitting at the table, so I had a front row seat, when JJ decided to fly over the table and in the process knock everything to the floor with a crash so loud, it frightened the lady who lives in the apartment beneath us.

The candle and holder were fine, but my gargoyle pal was suddenly missing the bottom of his body. The smashed portion of the gargoyle was in pieces too small to glue back together, but his upper body still looked good.

So what to do?  Obviously Mr Gargoyle couldn't be used as a centrepiece  anymore and with no legs it would be hard to sit him up anywhere.   Then I looked up at my potted plant and thought "Hmmmm, maybe what's left of the gargoyle would look ok in that hanging basket and people wouldn't know he was a jagged mess from the waste down.

Through trial and error I quickly discovered that I would need something to prop the gargoyle on and an empty jar worked perfectly.

It could be have been much worse. It could have been his bottom part that was salvaged and his face that was smashed up or he could have been completely destroyed.

I guess half of my favourite little gargoyle is better than no gargoyle at all.