Feb 14, 2014

Love








To those of you who have someone special to share this Valentine's Day with I've got to say that is wonderful and I'm a bit envious.

Judging by the posts I've seen of you on facebook and the longevity of so many of your relationships, it is obvious you treasure your loved one and appreciate each moment with them. And in all seriousness, I am truly happy for you.

There are also many other Scribbles fans out there who do not have a special Valentine. Some may be recently separated, divorced, or widowed, others may find themselves single for so long they've forgotten what it is like to be in a relationship and still others may have never been involved with anyone ever before.

And while I would never usually show favourtism towards a particular segment of our Scribbles gang, I'm making a slight exception today.  This one's for all of those who are single, a group I find myself in this year.

Valentine's Day is for lovers, happy couples celebrating their special bond. It's for school kids who send cute Valentines cards to each other. But we should also make it about the love we have for our family, friends and pets. Those relationships aren't the same as that of a couple, but certainly worthy of celebrating as well.

So here's to us, the Scribbles "singles" who may someday meet someone special and who may not. Either way, you are loved and appreciated here and you always will be.

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone,

Ken Leavoy


No comments: