Jun 18, 2016

EDITORIAL |

With over 10 brand new posts launching all on the same day, it’s only fitting I wanted to include an editorial. And while it was originally supposed to be all about the new posts (which it still will be) I can’t help but first address the elephant in the room.

The Pulse Nightclub shootings have unearthed me unlike any other U.S. mass shooting. It’s the number of casualties, it’s the hatred towards the LGBT+ community, it’s the whole thought of how it all happened...while people were enjoying a night out... and it’s about a feeling like it could have been you.

The day of the shootings, I went out with Timmi for a walk. A truck drove by and it felt like the driver was looking at me. I was wearing a bracelet with a small Pride rainbow on it. Was this guy looking at it? Was he going to get out of his truck and beat me up? I hadn’t felt like that since the late 70’s and the fact I conjured up those memories made me shutter. That’s part of what all terrorists want. To make us afraid. To make us stop doing something. And that’s why we must never forget, but must not be afraid. Love will always win over hate, even if that has gotten increasingly more difficult to believe at times.

Something you can believe is that Scribbles.co has over 11 new posts today. This includes our exclusive coverage of Pride in the Park (which includes a new Scribbles Video), a chance for Scribbles kids have a magician come to their home to perform a magic show*, Scribbles having fun at the Lyme Disease fundraiser for our friend Bylynnda and a lot of posts all about you and your fellow Scribbles friends.

In the weeks ahead, watch for “Sun-Sational Encores” and more new posts until the end of July. As we did last year, we will be taking the month of August off, to enjoy the dog days of summer.

This all comes on the heels of me receiving an award for doing precisely what I’m doing right this moment.

That truly was a moving experience and if ever I question if people are still interested in Scribbles, all I have to do is look at my award for the answer. Thank you to everyone who voted for me, I am truly humbled.
Ken