Jun 17, 2016

YOU | Pride in the Park

Another year, another amazing Pride in the Park. The June 4th event capped off Niagara's Pride week, a week that included the Kick Off Party, Rainbow flag raisings and the Unity Awards.

Mother Nature must have got our memo, kindly asking her to give us a beautiful sunny day, in return for a front row seat to all the action. How could she possibly resist that?

Live performers graced the stage throughout the day, with Rupaul's Drag Race contestant Willam as the grand finale act.

Vendors of all descriptions were on board with lot of free swag and great deals to take advantage of. I didn't miss a single booth, and if I did it was likely because you were swagless.....LOL!

Here's what Pride in the Park looked like through the eyes of Scribbles.

Scribbles VIDEO  |   Pride in the Park 2016


Best Pride Yet!

This year's Pride in Niagara was unlike any other. For me personally, I attended more events than usual, thanks to friends who wanted me to be there.

I finally got to see the results of Pride Niagara's events such as the Kick Off Party and the Unity Awards. Both were top-notch and I was thrilled to be a part of the excitement. (And yes, winning the Ed Eldred Unity Award was indeed the cherry on my sundae.)

Pride in the Park seems to get bigger each year. The layout for the stage and vendors was a nice change. It allowed pavilion party goers to view the live performance from afar while still sipping their favourite cocktails. Bonus!

And as late and ill-prepared as she was, it was still pretty wild that you had Willam as the closing act....I'm certain Cher can be only a few years away.

Pride Niagara, I am so proud of all of you! I know that all these events do not just happen. It takes a lot of time and effort. It reminds me of Scribbles. A 3 minute video can sometimes have taken 12 hours or more to put together, but no one sees that, they see a 3 minute video.

We may not have been there to see all the effort, but make no mistake, we all enjoyed the results.