Mar 25, 2019

ARTFUL | Bee Cool


This colourful print is an enlarged copy of a piece created several years ago by Jim Steel. Jim (who many of you know as doggy Joe Friday's dad) says he used a computer from the "early days" to create this picture.

I remember those computers as I had one, it was a Commodore 64 and I was over-the-moon with excitement when I purchased it from the son of a lady I worked with at Troll Book Clubs. The computer was massive in size compared to today's devices and its abilities were somewhat, shall we say, limited...LOL! Still, it was my very first computer and I loved it.

We're not sure if Jim's old computer was exactly as seen here but we do know it helped our talented pal create a very cute picture. When we asked if we could include this piece in Scribbles, Jim found the fact we referred to it as "art" quite amusing.

"What a hoot" chuckled Jim, when talking about this piece, "It is so silly. I still love it."

We love it too Jim and it's a perfect way to kick off the early days of spring.