Oct 21, 2024

scribbles VIDEO | It's ALIVE!

Have you ever had an idea which quickly became an obsession, where you weren't content until your idea became a reality? That's what It's ALIVE! was for me. 

The idea came to me mid summer, make a monster video featuring Mr. Sock. It would coincide with Halloween. Suddenly things snowballed. I developed the storyline, the sets and the characters.

Each time I figured I was ready to start filming, I'd come up with another thing to add to the laboratory or one of the characters outfits. I wanted it to look good otherwise it would be less believable (not that I expect you to believe I was actually able to bring a monster to life, but at least the place could look the part).

In addition to Mr. Sock, some other Scribbles characters pop up in It's ALIVE! Look for cameos by hippie Klyde, Officer Leavoy & even Bart Simpson. My sister Kim also makes an appearance. 

Something I quickly realized when bringing life into It's ALIVE! was that some parts might be a bit too scary for our pre-school pals who like watching Mr. Sock. 

Rather than abandon the scarier elements of our video, to make it more family friendly, we'd make a second version, a kid's edition with the scary bits removed, replaced with G rated content instead.  

We also created a third version of It's ALIVE! this one for our blind friends. Because this video is very visual, there's lots of extra narration needed to help describe what's going on. This version of It's ALIVE! is available upon request and at Scribbles You Tube Channel 

It's ALIVE! 
[RATED PG - MAY BE FRIGHTENING TO YOUNGER OR SENSITIVE VIEWERS -see below this video for a Kid Friendly version.] 


When I was putting together It's ALIVE! I received requests to join Scribbles email list from our pals Bylynnda & Phil's young children Philip Jr. (aka Turtle), Anna and Belle. They also were each featured in separate photos holding their mom's Scribbles 40th Anniversary keychain, so they're all entered in our Ain't No Jive We're 45 Contest. 

The interaction with these new, young Scribbles friends sealed the deal on me creating a G rated edition of our video. 

With an alternate opening and ending, plus a clever dub and edits, It's ALIVE! becomes family friendly, waiting for you to click below to spot the 4 differences. 

It's ALIVE! KID FRIENDLY EDITION 
[RATED G ]



WAIT! You might be missing out on more Scribbles fun...
      IF YOU GOT HERE FROM A FACEBOOK LINK, CLICK ON  HOME  OPTION BELOW TO SEE ALL SCRIBBLES POSTS