Dec 25, 2010


The Highs and Lows Which Were 2010

Another year comes to a end in record speed. They go by faster every year, I swear it. As I recall events that made up the past 365 days I see many on global, local and personal levels which really reshaped where we all are today.

Amidst controversy and tragedy, Vancouver played host to the 2010 Winter Olympics. The Olympic torch traveled across Canada allowing many people to carry it as it journeyed to BC. I was proud to be Canadian if only for a few weeks and it was a great feeling.



The world was changed by natural and manmade disasters in alarming numbers in 2010. An earthquake in Haiti, flash floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, land slides, the biggest oil spill in history, political unrest. They have forever changed the lives for millions worldwide. How sad.


On a personal level, I feel fortunate to have a great circle of family and friends and my partner Rob in my life. I have a good job and home, adorable pets and a unique thing called scribbles.


It hasn't all been fun and games for you and I this year. Some of you lost loved ones and jobs. I continued to deal with my chronic neck pain which took me out of circulation more times than I remember now.

Good, bad or ugly, 2010 will soon be written in the history pages as we see what trials and tribulations lay ahead in 2011.  I raise my glass and say thanks for being a part of my life this past year.  Here's to you, here to me and here's to scribbles -where everyone truly is a shining star.

Hugs,
Ken