Jan 9, 2011

What 2011 means to me
by Angela O'Neill-Whiteley of Nova Scotia 

Do you know what I like about January 1st? It's a day that the Slate has been wiped Clean. It's a day that signifies the ability to "Do-Over" what's not quite right in your life. Who cares what happened before 'cause that was LAST year.

Now we get an opportunity to start fresh again & steer our lives in whatever direction we choose. I can't wait because my path is long, wined y, a bit bumpy but I love a good challenge & I know what great things I'll see, do & accomplish along the way :D

This past year has seen many turns of events. I've seen some of you blissfully happy as you've walked down the isle with the person you love. I've also seen ( for one reason or another) some who's marriages & relationships have ended with the person they Used to love. I have become very close friends with some that I didn't expect to ..... and sadly have drifted somewhat from others that I didn't expect to.
We've lost people in our lives & we've witnessed the lives of people we care about change in a heartbeat whether it was due to sickness, injury or financial downfalls. We've seen with our own eyes how life can turn on you in an instant without asking first if it's okay with you.

My goal this year is to live my life. I mean REALLY live my life in a way that ~ if it should end at any moment, my friends and family would only think of me in a positive way. I am choosing to get myself back into a shape both physically & mentally where I'm at peace. I believe it isn't about the # on the scale, it's how you feel when you look at yourself in the mirror. I'm choosing to pull some of those drifting friends back a little closer if they'll have me & continue to hold on to the ones that are already close. I'm choosing to spend more quality time with my kids because they are growing up so fast & I only have one shot at this so if it means a few less hours at work ... so be it. I'm also choosing to go ahead and continue to develop this recently found Creative side of me that is just bursting to be let loose.

I wish you nothing but health, wealth & happiness. No. That's not entirely true. I also wish for you personal acceptance & the love of family & friends ( cause when it comes down to it .... that right there is the foundation to build on)

Have a great year, my friends :) Angela

KEN SAYS: Thanks for allowing us to reprint your great message for 2011 Angela, it it good advice we could all follow.