Aug 20, 2011

Strange things happen
when my mom isn't home...
...We take you now to....
A zebra moving from room to room as he looks for her. A cat performing magic to keep himself occupied while his mommy wasn't around. A confused dog visiting Nana's "house", but there's no Nana???

These are just some of the eerie things that were experienced at my mom's home when she was visiting her sister in Renfrew.

We submit to you, a glimpse into
"the Nana Zone"...


VIDEO CLIP ONE:

"where are u"
starring Smudge the Zebra

This one featuring Smudge the zebra is my fave of the "series"
This clip took a while to put together
 and features an extensive look at my mother's amazing zebra collection.
 MUSIC: "Air that I Breathe" by the Hollies



VIDEO CLIP TWO:

"the cat did play"
starring Sensi the Magical Cat
My mom's cat Sensi seemed pretty lonely so I brought him a toy
which as we see, he becomes enchanted with.
 MUSIC: "Abra Cadabra" by the Defranco Family featuring Tony Defranco.



VIDEO CLIP THREE:

"nana returns"
starring Smudge, Sensi and Timmi
The whole gang's featured on this finale clip -my SECOND fave of the three.
The music is the theme song from the Mary Tyler Moore Show
and if you were a fan, you should get the significance of J.R.'s appearance at the end of the clip.



I watched the 3 videos you did of your mom's zebra i loved them... lol

Merry Proulx -Welland, ON


Another awesome zebra clip ["Nana Returns"] and yes, I did get the significance of J.R meowing at the end ... How cute!

Jane Storie - St Catharines, ON

 
Another Masterpiece!

Pat Fenerty -Welland, ON


What a great movie on the Zebras. ‘Wait till your Mother gets home!!!!’“ Boy, will you get it!!!” Good job Ken, I loved it. Cheers,

Bob Miller -St Catharines, ON


OMG…talk about laughing my ass off !!! I love that video of Smudge ["where are u?"] How long did that take you to do?  I loved this video!!!

Jane Storie -St Catharines, ON


Love it Ken! lolol, he looks so lonesome....Mom you have to take him with you next tiiiiiime!

Sarah Toner -Renfrew, ON


I was soooo impressed by that Smudge Video. You did an awesome job!! Must have taken forever. It was cute, funny and so touching. Your Mom must have loved it.

Jeanne Prince - Renfrew, ON




The Making of "Where Are U?" Video Clip

Many times I have a plan to create a video clip. Someone's birthday is coming up, there's a holiday or an event we will be at, it's a pretty safe bet I'll probably be thinking about how I'm going to capture it on video.

And then there's "Where Are U?" starring Smudge the lonesome zebra. My mom is visiting relatives in Renfrew and I am one of the people stopping by her place to check on Sensi the cat and make sure all is good on the home front.

Thursday night at mom's, while Timmi enjoyed playtime with Sensi, I couldn't help but take notice of all my mother's zebra collectibles. I decided to go around from room to room and snap some pix of them. When I noticed Smudge (the large adorable plush zebra) sitting with his head drooped, the light bulb went off. Make it a video about Smudge missing mom and show her zebras off at the same time. Brilliant!!

Although I tossed around Patsy Cline's song "Crazy" as possible theme music, "The Air That I Breathe" by The Hollies seemed a more amusing choice as I listened to the lyrics. As long as Smudge's agents had no objections, we could begin filming immediately.

We spared no cost in the special effects department. Note my running shoe as the camera zooms out on Smudge, laying sadly on the floor beside a photo of my mom. See the sneaker again as we circle around Smudge for the dream sequence....LMAO!

And what exactly is that twirling zebra pattern and how is it spinning around? It's a close-up of a zebra saucer (as in "cup and...", not "flying...") spinning precariously on mom's turntable.

As for all the zebras....no special effects there. Mom really does have all those collectibles and they just keep magically multiplying. Smudge might be missing my mom, but the other zebras seem to have found something else to keep them busy.

No comments: