May 20, 2012

Brush With Fame

Our Douglas, ON friend Cathy Dick had much more than a ticket stub to remember the recent Johnny Reid "Fire it Up" Concert in Ottawa by. My cool cousin was one of a select few who actually got to meet and be photographed with the popular singer. Cathy was joined at the concert by her husband Ernie, daughter Erin and adorable grandson (and Scribbles star) Dylan (seen above holding a Johnny Reid concert book.)

Cathy tells Scribbles; "I am a member of the Tartan Army (Johnny Reid's fan club) and I entered my name through that way. I almost lost my mind when I saw my name listed as one of the 46 people that were picked to meet Johnny. There was a photographer there and he took 2 pictures, I will probably look like a deer in the headlights cuz, I was so friggin' excited. He is super nice. Makes you feel very important."

Wow, Cathy that is truly amazing. Like I said when I first saw the photo, it brought a big smile to my face -something I haven't been doing a lot of in recent weeks. I know many of our Scribbles pals will be green with envy, not the least of which being my partner Rob, who is a big fan too.

And as for your statement about the experience of meeting Reid making you feel very important...well celebrity siting or not, that's something I've always thought of you as!

Ready for the show to begin: Our little pal Dylan is seen here with his mom Erin and Grandpa Ernie (Hmmmm....I see a refreshing beer tucked beneath your chair Ernie...presumably it was overpriced - as is the case at these venues - so I don't blame you for stashing it away like this...LOL)

 READERS COMMENTS

"Thanks for featuring us in Scribbles. I forgot to tell you that when Erin first told Dylan that I was going to meet Johnny Reid, he was very excited and his response was, " Does she get to play in his band ????" LOL

I was practicing my tamborine skills, but didn't get the call to join the band. (ha, ha)"

-Cathy Dick

"This is great! Dylan had a lot of fun :)"

-Erin Dick

KEN REPLIES:  I love going to concerts. I've had some pretty good seats at some shows [like the time my pal Becky and I saw Aerosmith and we muscled our way to the front row with only a small gate and a big security guard between us and Steven Tyler...oooh laaa laaa] but I have yet to actually meet and be photographed with any of the stars, so you're one up on me Cathy. Plus you had the added treat of little man Dylan enjoying what I assume would have been his first big concert...and that looks like it was as entertaining as meeting Johnny Reid himself....OK, maybe a close second...LOL