May 6, 2012

  SCRIBBLES EXCLUSIVE 

Renee's Art is Off the Wall

When I first met Renee Giguiere she worked for a popular printing firm in St Catharines and helped design catalogues for the publishing company I was employed with at the time. Since then, Renee and her family moved to Haliburton, ON and I went on to various other jobs. Thanks to good old Scribbles, however, we still get lots of opportunities to admire each others artistic abilities.

Recently Renee sent a series of photos along with a request asking me to assess her work and let her know if I found it a bit cheesy. As always, I was thrilled to hear from her and wasted no time letting her know that not only did I love her work, but that I also was dying to share it with our Scribbles pals.

Since Renee included text with her photos, I've decided to feature them in her exact words...

Newest Painting Project by Renee Giguire

Just sharing my latest painting project. I know I've 'threatened' to do something like this for awhile... yay...finally did. Thankfully I have [my husband] Norm here to push me and set up scaffolding so I have no choice. ha ha.

You can be honest now....does it look cheesy?


I hate heights but Norm set up a good contraption for me to use fairly safely. Hee hee.....

 Working away....had to watch my head. Only knocked myself once.  LOL

 Touching up a few spots...

 Done....finito.  See the stars too?  I found them in my closet from another project I never did.

Now I'm thinking....maybe I can find some round frames to put family portraits in and hang in the tree.....our family tree.Norm isn't convinced. He would rather I paint the stars in glow in the dark paint. LOL


I love it Renee (the Family Tree idea is perfect too, not so sure about the glow in the dark stars though -sorry Norm.)

 READERS COMMENTS:

"Hey ole pal....Just wanted to thank you for the Scribbles Exclusive. You made me blush with all your praise. Was a nice birthday present to me! LOL (my bday today).

Norm says I'll never get my head back through the doorway now though. LOL  Thanks Kenny.....sending you big hugz!!!"   -Renee Giguiere
[KEN REPLIES: WOW! Another Scribbles pal celebrating a birthday. I'm losing count of them all. I am certainly glad your exclusive feature on Scribbles made you smile and was a pleasant surprise for your birthday. You deserve all that praise "ole pal" because you are simply amazing. There, now try and fit your head through that "ole" doorway...LOL]