May 4, 2012

Strike Three...

Life has a way of throwing us curve balls when we least expect them. With just over 4 months of the new year under our belt, I find myself in a very different place than where I was when Dick Clark gave what would be his very last countdown and we ushered in 2012.

When January 1st rolled around, I was sharing my home with my partner Rob, had a mountain of debt haunting me and was happily employed. Today, Rob lives elsewhere -although we are still very much together- I've sought relief from my creditors and just a few days ago was let go from my position at Talk Wireless.

Holy Life Changers Batman, what's up with all that?

My job demise was a result of a restructuring within the company and although I was initially shocked by how sudden it came to be, I was treated fairly and reassured that this was not based on my performance. As they say "it is was it is" and I will miss my colleagues at Talk Wireless (although my most recent position found me working alone most of the time, with only my plush toy Telus owl and the occasional client to talk to, so in some ways I had already fallen out of the loop with my cohorts.) 

Despite that, there were many good times throughout my 3 1/2 year stay and I have made many new friends, not to mention acquired yet another pseudonym, known lovingly as "Princess" by many at the company.

Here's a video salute to the management and staff of Talk Wireless. Let's keep in touch and I hope you continue to enjoy Scribbles for many years to come.



ABOUT THIS VIDEO: The photos in this clip came from my files, Talk Wireless e-Newsletters and facebook. There are a few new faces, that I didn't have pix of, missing from the "gang". Music: "Higher Ground" by Stevie Wonder (Hey Clint..that's one of the songs on the CD that I made for you that I bet you still haven't listened to yet...LOL!)  I smile everytime I view this clip and get a bit sad too, knowing that "going forward" I won't be a part of the adventure.