Oct 10, 2012


PART ONE

In my ongoing efforts to come up with new features that you will enjoy seeing and I'll enjoy putting together, sometimes I bite off a bit more than I can chew. Take for example this special feature. 

As part of our 33rd anniversary celebration, I thought it would be cool to highlight 33 of the finest photos we've featured over the years. With an archive of photos that continues to grow each day, it quickly become clear selecting only 33 photos would be almost impossible.

After hours of searching photo files, I was able to bring the collection down to about 100 favourites and from that group, took it down to a lean, mean 66 pix.

Whether it is a photo that I am featured in or a photo taken by one of our fine friends, each of these pix evoke a special feeling when I view them. Hopefully they'll do the same for you.

Here's our first installment.

 66 - SMART BUTTERFLY 
This photo was submitted to us by Karen Bridel and won our Readers Photo Contest in 2008. What makes me chuckle everytime I see this photo is not only the fact the butterfly has landed on our little friend's nose, but that she is is also wearing a shirt with butterflies on it. Now that IS one smart butterfly.


 65 - CAT NAP
I'll tell you right now, this amazing cat picture, taken by our pal Megan Fox is not the only photo from our pal that you will be seeing in our 66 PERFECT PIX.  Megan has an eye for the camera as this photo demonstrates "purr"-fectly.


 64 - TIDE'S IN, DIRT'S OUT
How can you not laugh when you see this photo? It was taken in the mid 70's at my family's home and as we see my mom Joan is very impressed by how clean her clothes get when she washes with Tide!  As for that clock on the wall behind Joan, it was a one-of-a-kind original that I made in woodworking class at West Park Secondary School. Back in those days, time it seems, was quite literally on our side.


 63 - GOT YOUR BACK
This photo took 2nd place in our 2011 Reader's Photo Contest and with Scribbles logo and piggy character hand-painted on her model's back by the ubber-talented Angela Whiteley, you just knew we would have to include it in our perfect pix collection.


 62 - LAND OF THE LOST
Here we have Jack McParland on the left and his little brother Ethan on the right, as they visit a dinosaur exhibit a few years ago. Can you guess why we have included it in our collection?  YEP... you got it....Ethan's reaction is just priceless!!


 61 - A REAL TONGUE-LASHING
Agatha the Bull Mastiff was a very big dog whose "dad" was our friend Peter Siegel. Sadly, Agatha left us a few years ago, but whenever I look at this photo of her planting a big sloppy kiss on me, it reminds me of what a gentle giant she was.


 60 - CURIOUSITY
Taken a few Summer's ago while my nephew and I were visiting our pals Doug and Heather MacNeil at their campsite, this photo always makes me smile. Yes, that IS a poop bag that I am holding in my hands, but it is NOT doogie doo doo that is inside it. Graham and I were gathering rocks while we enjoyed a walk and he is checking out our collection.