Oct 12, 2012

PART TWO


 59 - BEAUTIFUL NOVA SCOTIA
Once upon a time our friend Angela Whiteley lived in Toronto. Then she moved to British Columbia with her hubby Glyn. These days the couple and their children reside in "Absolutely Nowhere" Nova Scotia. Above is a photo Ang sent us a few years ago. With scenery like this, no wonder the Whiteley's call Nova Scotia their home.


 58 - UP IN SMOKE
When I was a teen, the Centre Shoppe was a popular hang-out. The convenience store put the V in variety, offering not only the standard stuff but also a "head shop"  and a very cool arcade section (which was even more fun after a visit to the "head shop" section....LOL)  My pal Doug MacNeil once worked at the Centre Shoppe, as did other pals we hung out with in those days.  Sadly a huge fire gutted the old building in the mid 80's and although a new Centre Shoppe would eventually be built on the same lot, it never was quite the same as the original.  


 57 - DOG TIRED
It's hard to believe that Doug and Heather MacNeil's large rambunctious dog was once this tiny little puppy. Look how cute he was. These days Jack is still cute, but in a very big way. One thing that hasn't changed, whether he's big or small Jack is public enemy number one to my dog Timmi. LOL!


 56 - THE FARQUHARSON FARM
I took this photo of my Aunt and Uncle's old barn a long time ago, yet each time I look at it, it feels like only yesterday. Connie and Don Farquharson lived on their farm for many years. They raised 5 kids, planted crops and had chickens, pigs and cows. Uncle Don passed away and Aunt Connie now lives in an apartment. The farm now belongs to my cousin Janet McParland and her husband Bill. They have two sons and a dog and are renovating the old house. As for the barn...it's still standing - in some capacity - but in my heart and in my mind it still looks exactly as it did that fond day I took this pix.


 55 - "HELLO GORGEOUS"
How can you not love this pix? It features the incomparable Chrissy Snow being...well...very much Chrissy Snow...LOL. Daring to join Ms. Snow on deck is Steve "Danger Ranger". This photo was a promo shot for a play called "The Scream Queens" and it indeed screams hilarity!


 54 - FUN ON THE BEACH
If you're an avid Scribbles reader, you'll recall recently seeing a photo of my niece and I with the rainbow cake she made for my birthday. She's become quite a lovely young lady at the age of 17. This photo was taken when she was just a cute kid playing on the beach at Turkey Point, carefree making sand castles, not a care in the world and thanks to this photo she always will be.


 53 - SCRIBBLES CO-STAR
Back in Scribbles magazine days we often featured guest artists. one regular contributor was my niece Erin Dick. We proudly posed with the latest edition of Scribbles while I was visiting her and other relatives in Renfrew. These days Erin is a mommy and we have frequently featured her photogenic son Dylan on Scribbles. A new generation, but the same Scribbles fun!


 52 - NATURAL BEAUTY
I have only had the pleasure of meeting Jenn Young a few times, when she would pop by to see her mother Connie Bering who worked at the same place I once did. Jenn is so bubbly and friendly, it was hard not to like her. This photo was taken by her husband Sean and there is just something about it that screamed "include me in the top 66".


 51 - ON TOP OF THE WORLD
Oh how I love this photo which was taken by our pal Renee Giguiere while on vacation in New Zealand with her husband Norm.  Just look at that view!  Of course as I recall, Renee did say the journey to get to the top and admire this awesome view was a bit exhausting, but I'm betting she'd do it all again in a New Zealand minute!


 50 - BROMANCE
AWWWW, so cute! Here we have Alina Dennis showing some lovin' to her big brother Kade when he came to visit her while she was in a local hospital early last year. Thankfully Alina wasn't in the hospital for very long and is fine now and by the looks of it she really missed her Bro. I love this pix!


 
AND IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: