Oct 1, 2012



Taste the Rainbow!

I'll admit it, I was going to avoid mentioning a particular day in Scribbles this year....my dreaded frickin' birthday. It would have been easy enough to ignore here as I have lots of other posts I could replace it with. Surely my family would forgive me for not letting our Scribbles pals know all about the delightful party they held for me on Sept. 30th, a few days prior to my actual birthday. I could have escaped the limelight and kept it a secret.

But then that would be denying the opportunity to show everyone the awesome birthday cake my niece Erin made for me. Pictured above, Erin is no longer a little kid. Now 17, she's driving, is in her final year of high school, has a parttime job and has acquired an amazing knack for creating kickass cakes. This gigantic cake came with cool rainbow candles that changed colour as they burned. And when I sliced in to the chocolate covered mountain, there was yet another rainbow inside! Erin said it took a long time to create and her mom Kim helped put the frosting on it (it required two cans). 

It was well worth all that effort Erin, not only was it a colourful surprise, it tasted fantastic too. I was so delighted that you would do this for me and it made me rethink keeping my 52nd birthday under wraps.

Thank you to my entire family for making this such a very special day.