Apr 18, 2013



Springfield Comes to Life at Ken's Home

It's no secret that I have been a mega Simpsons fan since the first time the infamous yellow skinned characters hit the airwaves.

Over the past 24 years I've acquired a very impressive collection of Simpsons memorabilia. It started out innocently enough with a few posters and a Bart Simpson plush toy given to me by a client at one of the bars I used to work at.

Now I have over a hundred small figurines, Simpsons board games (Monopoly, Jeopardy, Operation to name a few), talking toys, Halloween costumed characters, numerous plush characters, Pez dispensers, a Homer Simpson etch-a-sketch, Homer desk lamp, coffee mugs, drink containers, t-shirts, pajamas, books, DVD's and more!

A great deal of the collection came from searching flea markets and yard sales, several items were given to me as gifts and I force myself to eat at Burger King every time they participate in some type of Simpsons collectibles deal. While many of the items were made in mass circulation, I also have some rare finds, worth more than a little mound of plastic really should be.

So where do you put all those Simpsons goodies? Initially, a few wall-mounted shelves were sufficient, but as the collection grew, so did the need for a better place to store it all.

Last week I made quite the find. Someone was selling a very nice cabinet on kijiji. It had been used to store CD's, games and DVD's but I had other plans for it. The 8 foot wooden cabinet is now where I keep most of my Simpsons stuff.

Perhaps this will be where I stop collecting, but knowing me and knowing that they'll no doubt keep making more cool things to collect, I can very well see me devoting an entire room for my precious cargo someday. AY CARUMBA!!

VIDEO: KEN'S GROWING SIMPSONS COLLECTION
 

No comments: