Apr 22, 2013


Happy Birthday Cathy

Birthday girl Cathy Dick
It's my cousin Cathy's birthday on April 22nd and she will spend much of it on the road, traveling back from Niagara to the Ottawa Valley.

Cathy and her husband Ernie enjoyed a mini-vacation in Niagara Falls where Cathy faced her fear of heights with a ride on the city's gigantic ferris wheel.

L to R: Don, Mom, Graham, Cathy, Me, Timmi, Ernie
Cathy says she was surprised to see how much the Falls tourist attractions have grown since her last visit. Then she mentioned that last visit was over 30 years ago on their honeymoon, so I guess things have changed just a tad since then....LOL!

Cathy and Ernie dropped by my mom's place in St. Catharines during their stay in Niagara. Once again, it had been quite a while since they were last at mom's and it was their first time meeting my 7 1/2 year old nephew Graham.

When I arrived at mom's that day, I was greeted by Suzi squirrel. This is the squirrel who takes peanuts right out of my hand. She seems to know me and when she sees my car pull in to the driveway, she's right there waiting for me to feed her. Cathy thought this was pretty cool and although it took a few attempts, she eventually managed to capture Suzi and I on video on her new iphone 5.

As I will be staying at my mom's place throughout the week while mom is in Renfrew, I'm thinking I will need to buy a very large bag of peanuts for my bushy-tailed pal.

No comments: